[getdns-users] Upcoming getdns releases

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Wed Jun 29 12:30:30 CEST 2016

Dear All,

The current release of getdns is the 1.0.0b1 release. This email is to
update you on the upcoming releases.

The current plan is to have a 1.0.0b2 release available in a couple of
weeks time, in particular so that it is available for the IETF
Hackathon.  Final testing of the release there will mean that we can
move to a production release of 1.0.0 shortly afterwards.

In addition there is new functionality being developed for what will be
the 1.1 release, which includes the following:

- DNS64
- Uniform approach to configuration (with getdns_dicts)
- Create getdns_dicts from text (JSON-like format)
- Function primitives to create DNS servers
- Improved connection handling for TCP/TLS
- New error codes (more granular reporting of transport and TLS errors)

We plan to have a 1.1.0a1 release also available at the IETF Hackthon
for early testing of these new features. This 1.1 release will
be labelled as an alpha since additional functionality will be added
after the Hackathon, but the release will be stable enough to be used
for development/hacking.

We hope to see many getdns users at the Hackathon in Berlin! If you plan to
come along then please register here:
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf96/hackathonregistration.py <https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf96/hackathonregistration.py>
and feel free to ask any questions on this list before hand.
If anyone has a particular topic or feature they are interested in for the
Hackathon then also please let us know.

Regards

Sara.